These are delicious hearty french fries, the French's Honey Dijon Mustard adds the perfect amount of sweet and savory to the sauce. The prep time is minimal and these cook fast so you can get dinner on the table pronto!
1/2 cup FRENCH'S® Honey Dijon Mustard
2.5 lb Russet Potatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt, plus a little to sprinkle on the fries when they are done
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Light Olive Oil, plus a little to drizzle on the baking sheet
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp Minced parsley as a garnish
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees, place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil and drizzle with a little light olive oil, just to prevent any sticking
2. Place the sea salt, red pepper flakes, French’s Honey Dijon Mustard, light olive oil and garlic in a large bowl, whisk to combine. Remove about 1/2 of mixture into a small bowl, set aside.
3. Wash potatoes thoroughly and dry. Slice each potato lengthwise in half and then slice each half into 6 evenly sliced wedge-style French fries. Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with hot water; soak 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and dry thoroughly with a kitchen towel.
4. Combine potatoes with mustard mixture in the large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes on a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cover with foil; bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms of fries are golden brown (be sure to rotate pan mid-way through the 15 minutes to ensure even cooking). Remove pan from oven and using a spatula, carefully flip each fry over and then place back in the oven and cook until golden brown, about 10-12 more minutes (again rotating the pan mid-way through the cooking).
5. Remove from oven, place fries on serving dish and garnish with minced parsley; serve with remaining mustard mixture as a dip/condiment for the fries, serve as a snack or serve with a salad or chicken, fish or steak for a meal.