When I prepared this for some friends, they loved the flavor of the meatballs but couldn't quite place what it was. When you tell them, they smile and go, "Duh!" The flavor of the creamy, mellow mustard sauce matches the kielbasa and sauerkraut perfectly.
1 tbsp FRENCH'S® Honey Mustard
12 oz bag wide egg noodles
1/2 lb smoked kielbasa
3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
2 cup chicken broth
16 oz sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop the kielbasa into 1" chunks and place in the food processor and process for 1 minute or until it makes a paste. Remove kielbasa and put into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Place the sauerkraut into the processor and pulse until it is finely chopped. Remove from processor and add to the kielbasa. Mix them together thoroughly. Add the egg and mix through and then add the bread crumbs. Mix together thoroughly. Take a one-tablespoon cookie scoop and make around 2 dozen small meatballs, rolling them gently into a ball with your hands after you pop them out of the scoop. Put meatballs onto a grid cooling rack in a rimmed baking sheet and place the sheet into the oven for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Put 4 quarts of water into a large pot, add salt and place over high heat.
5. Rinse off the food processor bowl and blade and put it back onto the processor. Put the chicken broth, sour cream and mustard into the processor bowl and pulse for 30 seconds until fully combined. Pour it into a saucepan and place onto the stove over medium-low heat to heat it up slowly. If you heat it up too quickly, the sour cream will break and clabber. Salt & pepper to taste.
6. When water has reached a full boil, add noodles and cook until tender and then drain.
7. To serve, place the noodles onto a plate, pour a scoop of sauce over it and top with a few meatballs. Serves 6.
Serving suggestion: You can butter the noodles after they have been drained if you desire.