These french fries are absolutley delicious and a big hit at every dinner party/BBQ that I have ever served them at, they are a definite crowd pleaser!
1/2 cup FRENCH'S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
2.5 lb Russet Potatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt, plus a little to sprinkle on the fries when they are done
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Light Olive Oil, plus a little to drizzle on the baking sheet
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp Minced parsley as a garnish
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees, place oven rack on lowest position. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil and drizzle with a little light olive oil, just to prevent any sticking.
2. Place the sea salt, red pepper flakes, French’s Yellow Mustard, light olive oil and garlic in a large bowl, whisk to combine. Remove about 1/2 of mixture into a small bowl, set aside.
3. Wash potatoes thoroughly and dry. Slice each potato lengthwise in half and then slice each half into 6 evenly sliced wedge-style French fries. Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with hot water; soak 10 minutes. Drain potatoes dry thoroughly with a kitchen towel.
4. Combine potatoes with mustard mixture in the large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes on a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cover with foil; bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms of fries are golden brown (be sure to rotate pan mid-way through the 15 minutes to ensure even cooking). Remove pan from oven and using a spatula, carefully flip each fry over and then place back in the oven and cook until golden brown, about 10-12 more minutes (again rotating the pan mid-way through the cooking).
5. Remove from oven, place fries on serving dish and garnish with minced parsley serve with remaining mustard mixture as a dip/condiment for the fries, serve as a snack or serve with a salad or chicken, fish or steak for a meal.