It's a great twist on a classic BLT. The fried onions and horseradish mustard add tremendous flavors.
3 tbsp FRENCH'S® Horseradish Mustard
1 cup FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions
1 cup mayonnaise
2 large green tomatoes
12 thick-cut slices hickory smoked bacon
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
8 mountain white bread, sliced and toasted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and horseradish mustard. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Slice the tomatoes in even 1/4 inch slices and place on a paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve the bacon grease in the skillet and keep hot.
4. While the bacon is frying, in a 9x9 baking dish (or similar), combine the fried onions and flour together. Pour the buttermilk into a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
5. Dip the tomatoes in the buttermilk and then dredge them in the onion-flour mixture, coating both sides well. Pan-fry the tomatoes in the bacon grease (in batches if necessary) until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side. Carefully remove the tomatoes, cool and drain on paper towels.
6. To assemble the sandwich, spread 2 tablespoons of horseradish mayo on slice of toasted bread, top with two slices of fried green tomatoes, 3 slices of bacon and top with another slice of toasted bread that has 2 tablespoons of horseradish Cut in half and serve.