The recipe is based on a traditional Chicago Dog, which was deconstructed and then reconstructed into a playful, yet sophisticated version. This bite-size food is a great addition at baseball-themed parties and summer BBQs. It would be best served to family and friends who appreciate creativity in what they eat.
4 tbsp FRENCH'S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
8 Poppy Seed Cracker
2 All Beef Hotdogs
4 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
4 tbsp Chopped White Onion
8 Dill Pickle Slices
8 Roma Tomato (sliced 1/8 inch horizontally)
8 Pickled Piri Piri Pepper
1. Boil hot dogs in simmering water for 5 minutes, then place in the fridge until chilled (approx 20 mins).
2. Puree cooked, chilled hot dogs in a food processor with as much water as needed to create a spreadable paste (pate) texture.
3. Spread 1-2 TBSP of the pate on the poppy seed cracker.
4. Spread 1/2 TBSP mustard on top of the pate.
5. Top with 1/2 TBSP relish
6. Top with 1/2 TBSP onion
7. Top with a pickle slice
8. Top with a tomato slice
9. Top with a piri piri pepper.
10. Sprinkle with salt & pepper